Tuesday 20 July 2010

What a find!

Yesterday, just by accident, I came across the most fabulous website explaining all about how to make beaded jewellery and I have to say that I couldn't quite believe my luck. I can't put into words my excitement when I found it! What is so wonderful about it is that it has pages that explain basic things like how to use crimp beads, what tools you need, right down to what size beading wire to use etc.

Instantly by looking at a few of the projects I can see some potential for how I could use my beads. In particular, this little gem about how to make a pendant necklace caught my eye. It's perfect for using with my lazy mokume gane heart, and simple enough for me to do. What was a real revelation and a useful tip is that there is some explanation on this page about pendants where the holes are too large and for this the solution is to add a bead at top and bottom to hold the wire in place.

Another type of necklace also grabbed my attention. I may use this idea for the kaleidoscope beads I made. I have a pair of pliers at home so that is a start. I just need to go out and find the crimps, the wire and whatever other bits listed in these projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment