Sunday 4 July 2010

Clay supplies

Today I bought some new clay supplies. Over the past few months I have been buying my clay from a well known UK store called Hobbycraft, where a pack can be bought for just over two pounds. Now I have always thought this quite expensive, because let's face it, those packs are not that large. So the last time I visited I decided that despite the convenience I would no longer buy my clay there if I could help it.

Today I found a much better value store on Ebay, where the packs average out to about £1.50 each. The best way is to buy in bulk rather than buying individual packs, but even when buying in bulk I always calculate the cost per pack (including postage) to compare prices.

It's still of course useful to visit an actual shop just to see the colour range, which is something you can't do when shopping online, however you definitely get better value for money online.

Now I'm waiting for my new clay packs to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment