Thursday 29 July 2010

More on jewellery making

I admit that over the last few days I haven't spent much time on my clay work. I have in fact been decorating the house! However, I have been quite keen on taking the jewellery making to the next level. In other words, finding out the basics of making jewellery. Its painful that I can't do anything useful with the things I have made so I need to start learning.

I stumbled across the most amazing store in Lichfield which is amazing not just because it sells all the bits and pieces you need, but because of the very helpful beginner's sheets on the website.

This is wonderful for someone like me who hasn't got a clue where to start. Simple things like knowing what beading wire to buy is a fantastic thing to know.

I also have been very excited to see how other people have been using bits and pieces, inparticular bead caps to finish off the design. This bracelet in particular is rather stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment