Tuesday 13 July 2010

Storage solutions

Today I found a great little video from Alice Stroppel about storing canes. I have been using little plastic tupperware boxes which I bought from my local supermarket, but it occurred to me last night that maybe I'm not being as organised as I should be.

I tend to have one box which is full of "good clay" ie. clay that is unused or half-used (some still in their wrapping). I try to keep the plastic wrapping around half-used clay so I can remember what colour they are. It can get pretty difficult to distinguish between white and transparent clay when there is no label on them! I then have a box for scrap clay, a box for baked items and a box for canes.

Unfortunately I noticed last night that the cane box is getting rather full. The question of how to best store the canes came into my mind, because you can't continue to add more and have them all stick together. The ideas in the video are really useful, so maybe I will invest in one of those 3 drawer stacks. I'm not sure what they mean about wrapping the canes in wax paper, but I don't think I would have the patience to do this! I think the best solution is probably just to store vertically within the box as suggested in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment